GRI 102-46 GRI 102-47
With the purpose of identifying the sustainability trends that might have a major impact on the Organization’s ability to generate value in the short, medium and long term, Grupo Nutresa has been conducting its materiality analysis since 2011.
For this process, the Company considers the opinions and priorities of its most relevant stakeholders, as well as the global risks and the emerging issues from the food, restaurants and omni-channel company sectors. Additionally, the Organization performs benchmarking exercises with international peers from the industry, and considers assessment criteria established by different sustainability monitors and rankings.
The materiality matrix was updated in 2013 and 2015, and its scope was expanded in 2017 and 2018. During the last analysis, 23 relevant topics were identified, 18 of which were classified as high-impact or material topics. For said classification, the following aspects were assessed:
- Impact on the Organization: based on the strategy, the strategic goals for 2020, the corporate risks and the business differentiators, among others.
- Importance for the stakeholders: based on discussion sessions, surveys and interviews conducted with the stakeholders in eight countries: Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, United States, Mexico, Panama, Peru and the Dominican Republic.
Hover on the numbers to see the information
Acting with integrity
1. Corporate governance
2. Risk and compliance
Fostering profitable growth and effective innovation
3. Profitable growth in the markets
4. Reliable brands with an excellent price-value ratio
5. Effective innovation
Promoting a healthy lifestyle
6. Nutrition and healthy lifestyle
7. Responsible marketing
8. Reliable food
9. Food security
Managing the value chain responsibly
10. Development of our people
11. Quality of life
12. Responsible sourcing
13. Responsible sales
Building a better society
14. Human Rights
15. Development of collaborative proposals for public policies
16. Quality of education
Reducing the environmental impact of the operations and products
18. Water resource management
20. Climate change
21. Air quality
22. Waste management
23. Packaging and post-consumption
Milestones (materiality and engagement model)
Presentation of the first sustainability report, aligned with the criteria of the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI).
Grupo Nutresa performed its first materiality analysis in Colombia.
Second update of the materiality matrix.
Revision and expansion of the materiality scope, including Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, United States and Mexico.
Materiality analysis coverage extension to cover Panama, Peru and the Dominican Republic.
Development of purposeful and joint-construction communications with suppliers within the framework of Grupo Nutresa’s annual Exemplary Supplier acknowledgment event.
Formulation of the model for good practices and engagement with the stakeholders.
Implementation of the engagement model in the Coffee, Ice Cream and Cold Cuts Businesses, with the neighboring communities as the intervention focal point.
Creation of four strategic engagement committees for the Businesses.